The Documentary is Done

I arrived on this site 6 years ago with a tale that I was making a documentary about the 2009-2010 election and the Tea Party. And that’s just what it was for some time since I didn’t have the funds to finish it. That changed in 2015 and then something remarkable happened. My story about the origin of the angry voter became incredibly relevant. The angry voter was popping up everywhere and he or she wasn’t only part of the Tea Party. He supported Donald trump or Bernie Sanders.

The film will be finished in the next few weeks. Kelsey Grammer recorded the narration on Tuesday. We’re waiting to hear from our first festival. If we’re in a festival in your area, I want to make sure to invite you guys. And maybe we’ll just end up doing a screening in your city at some point.

If you’re interested email me your info at¬†fromthegroundupdoc@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dave

• californianintexas April 20, 2017 at 8:18 pm

I don’t know if you’ll stop by Salt Lake City, but if you do I’d be more than happy to attend a screening.

• Left Coast Libertarian April 23, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Hmmm. Salt Lake City. Now what film festival shows films in Salt Lake City and Park City? Hmmm. I think I’ve heard of one or two. Yes, we’d love to be showing in Salt Lake City in January. Really really would love that.

• californianintexas April 23, 2017 at 7:30 pm

There is the Sundance Film Festival in Park City every January, and the Wasatch Mountain Film Festival, which this year will be in June.

• GOPTarHeel April 20, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Congrats on finishing the project!

R/NC-13. I'll never regret a vote that resulted in Neil Gorsuch.

• roguemapper April 21, 2017 at 12:31 am

Congratulations! I look forward to watching the documentary.

• BostonPatriot April 21, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Congratulations!

• rdelbov April 22, 2017 at 12:54 pm

I would love to see it

• GerGOP April 23, 2017 at 8:16 am

Congratulations!

• MosheM April 23, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Congratulations!

28, M, R, NY-10

• VastBlightKingConspiracy April 23, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Keep us updated on what cities you end up going to!

• Left Coast Libertarian April 23, 2017 at 2:21 pm

I’m not going to jinx anything and say which festivals we’re applying to but I will announce if we get in. There’s one in June and one in early September. After that we’ll apply to a number of festivals, especially documentary specific festivals. So if you know of a documentary festival in your area it’s likely we will apply to it.

We are doing our first private screening next weekend. It’ll be the first time people outside the creative team will see it. I hope it goes well.